The wonderful news has reached me that our colleagues have released the Comprehensive Coptic Lexicon v1.2. See the message below.
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
the “Thesaurus Linguae Aegyptiae” project (“Strukturen und Transformationen des Wortschatzes der ägyptischen Sprache”, BBAW), the “Database and Dictionary of Greek Loanwords in Coptic” (DDGLC, Freie Universität Berlin), and “Coptic Scriptorium: Digital Research in Coptic Language and Literature” are pleased to announce the latest release of the “Comprehensive Coptic Lexicon”: Version 1.2. The raw data can be downloaded at:
- D. Burns, F. Feder, K. John, M. Kupreyev, et al. 2020-07-24. Comprehensive Coptic Lexicon: Including Loanwords from Ancient Greek, Berlin: Freie Universität Berlin, http://dx.doi.org/10.17169/refubium-27566
The processed data has been published by:
- Coptic Dictionary Online, ed. Koptische/Coptic Electronic Language and Literature International Alliance (KELLIA), https://coptic-dictionary.org/
The major new features include:
- Standardized use of parentheses “( )” in word forms: they are now used with collocated prepositions and adverbs only, e.g. ⲁⲗⲉ (ⲉϩⲣⲁⲓ).
- Optimized data structure (e.g., <sense> element now contains a unique ID, facilitating the ongoing work on linking CCL to the databases of semantic relations such as Coptic WordNet).
- Correction of orthographic, grammatical and semantic information of the existing entries and addition of new entries.
- Linking to Perseus Greek morphology tool via the Greek head words. DDGLC lemma IDs are now displayed in the entry view of Coptic Dictionary Online.
- Improved usability of the section of Greek loanwords due to exclusion or change of a number of senses.
- Link to attestation search for nouns filtered by entity-type (e.g., search for ⲟⲩⲟⲛ standing for a person, an animal, or an inanimate object) in Coptic Scriptorium.
- Phrase network visualization of most common word sequences containing nouns, verbs and prepositions.
- Search for word form IDs activated.
For the full description of the Version 1.2 please refer to the the “Release Notes”: https://refubium.fu-berlin.de/bitstream/handle/fub188/27813/Comprehensive_Coptic_Lexicon_v1.2_Release_Notes.pdf?sequence=5&isAllowed=y
The Comprehensive Coptic Lexicon v1.2 now contains 11263 entries and 31847 forms of Egyptian-Coptic and Greek-Coptic datasets. TLA, DDGLC and Coptic Scriptorium invite you to take a look at the new data and would welcome your feedback.